UZIT Course Information
Details on what we cover in the 5 UZIT modality modules.
UZIT Training Program Objectives by Modality Course
The 5 UZIT modalities that are primary to this modality include:
Essential Oil Therapy
Additionally, there will be a course on Self-Care, which is designed to have benefit for UZIT practitioners that are not explicitly tied to clinical outcomes.
A description of the Course and Clinical Outcomes associated with each modality course module is included below.
- Establish a daily Asana and Pranayama practice
- Demonstrate the Mindful Movements intended for patients/clients with impaired physical ability (i.e. limited mobility and energy)
- Demonstrate set-up of the restorative yoga poses taught in the course
- Articulate the elements of yoga therapy (reclined and chair Mindful Movements, Breath Awareness and Body Awareness Meditations) to patients
- Practice safe and responsible use of yoga therapy in a clinical setting
- Integrate the yoga therapy practices learned during the course of the Urban Zen Integrative Therapy training program into patient treatment in a clinical setting
- Employ the proper protocols for using yoga therapy for pain, anxiety, nausea, insomnia, constipation and exhaustion (PANICTM)
- Receive Reiki attunements that activate and empower the flow of Reiki energy through the practitioner
- Demonstrate the Reiki hand positions and protocols for performing a Reiki session on the self and on others
- Cite current Reiki research
- Define Reiki biofield energy
- Cite medical research studies on the clinical use of Reiki
- Demonstrate how to give Reiki to patients in clinical settings
- Describe Reiki to clients and supervisors in a clinical setting
Essential Oil Therapy
- Demonstrate knowledge of the historical usage and modern application of essential oils, including inhalation and topical application
- Differentiate pure, therapeutic-grade essential oils from synthetic, perfume-grade oil products
- Accurately identify the specific essential oils used for pain, anxiety, nausea, insomnia, constipation and exhaustion (PANICTM)
- Integrate essential oil therapy into your daily self-care routine
- Demonstrate simple and effective techniques for integrating essential oil therapy into the clinical setting
- Recognize the psycho-social, spiritual and ethical aspects of care of the sick
- Internalize mindful awareness, emotional balance, equanimity and compassion around issues of illness
- Develop the ability to effectively care for yourself as a caregiver in general and when presented with death and dying
- Practice skills of listening empathically that is patient-focused.
- Demonstrate compassionate, sensitive care to patients in a clinical setting
- Demonstrate the ability to bear witness skillfully by listening with empathy and compassion in a patient-focused manner.
- Demonstrate understanding the importance of nutrition in the context of self-care
- Identify tools for assessing your relationship to food and nutrition
- Integrate nutrition into your daily self-care routine
- Accurately assess your self-care needs on a foundational, structural and practical level
- Construct an on-going plan for improved self-care
- Integrate mindfulness practices and other “fast exercises” into your daily self-care routine